Monday, July 2, 2012

Behind on blog posting...

Sorry readers, I am behind on blog posting.  My parents are here for vacation and we are working on making some recent family history, and I am also having some sinus issues.  We spent two days in Houston at the Natural Science museum and saw the Terra Cotta warriors exhibit as well as the Titanic exhibit.  Tomorrow we are off to see penguins at SeaWorld San Antonio and will participate in a feeding session.

I wasn't allowed to take photos at the Titanic exhibit, but here are some of the Terra Cotta Warriors.

Warriors found in Pit 2. 

Beautiful terra cotta horse.

Buddha statue.

After the Terra Cotta Warriors exhibit, we visited the newly opened Paleontology Hall.  I love dinosaurs and always have.  My fav? Stegosaurus.

Stegosaurus skeleton at the Houston Museum of Natural History.


I was also lucky to be able to spend 1/2 an hour at the Clayton Library and did some digging in periodicals.  The one book I was looking for had no additional data on my guy, so I ran to periodicals and found two articles on my ROGERS Mayflower family.

(c) Sara Gredler 2012

No comments: